POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tiffany Cheerio - BTFH : Re: Tiffany Cheerio - BTFH Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiffany Cheerio - BTFH
From: Alain
Date: 5 May 2008 23:14:36
Message: <481fcd1c$1@news.povray.org>
B. Gimeno nous illumina en ce 2008/05/05 13:48 -->
> "Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:
>> I stole Bryan Valencia's name for the BTFH.
>> I love this macro! :)
>>
>> Janet
>
> Hello again to all and thank you for your comments and very precious renders.
>
> I am not able to publish anything new today, but I was very bundled macro
> updating this week, tutorials and site.
>
> First, www.persistencia.org is updated to include a small demonstration file
> (now), including the three macros (for now) in new-name-change The Bastard
> Tiling Shapes From Hell.inc:
>
> -The Bastard Torus From Hell
> -The Bastard Cylinder From Hell
> -The Bastard Sphere From Hell
>
> Second, thanks for all your comments without forgetting that this script has its
> origins in an image released back in 2005 by James Buddenhagen in
> http://news.povray.org/42698442%40news.povray.org, mixed with my own ideas and
> Lumpy Torus included in the Wings3d. Several patterns were collected from many
> different sites: walls, tile, sidewalks, Minesweeper spurious, MC Escher, La
> Alhambra in Granada, the Internet ...
>
> Thirdly, soon revert to change the macro so that the array of entry now contains
> pigment textures (not know if we could make the macro recognition between one or
> other elements). Ah! and a fourth still to be resolved macro-The Bastard Plane
> From Hell -
>
> Greetings to all and remain vigilant
>
> B. Gimeno

When you expect a texture and you receive a pigment, you end up with a texture
using the provided pigment with the default finish. It don't cause even a warning.

--
Alain
Congregationalist: Shit that happens to one person is just as good as shit that