POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hexagonal patterns (200kb jpg) : Re: hexagonal patterns (20kb png) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hexagonal patterns (20kb png)
From: stbenge
Date: 2 May 2008 19:23:07
Message: <481ba25b@news.povray.org>
Kenneth wrote:
> stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Is this something any of you would like to have a copy of?
>
> Yes indeed.  I see all sorts of interesting uses for this.

Alright then, I'll aim to release the include file shortly, after
implementing a few more things.

> BTW, that's a nice visual demonstration of the technique; very clear.

Thanks, it was easier than explaining it all with words :)

Attached is a picture to show how making tessellating patterns with an
object pigment is possible with my hexPattern() macro. I created a
simple macro which allows one to navigate trigonal space. The screen
overlay shows this space, which is just a square grid skewed to 60
degrees. The shape was designed in Illustrator (paper would work just as
well), and I typed out the coordinates in POV. It's a prism with 29
points, rotated three times by 120 degrees.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hextest2.png' (17 KB)