POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do trials by jury make sense? : Re: Do trials by jury make sense? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do trials by jury make sense?
From: Warp
Date: 30 Apr 2008 15:43:04
Message: <4818cbc7@news.povray.org>
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 05:59:10 -0400, Warp wrote:

> > Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> >> For Chrissake, man, the first time W was elected, it was 9 people who
> >> decided
> >
> >   No it wasn't. Millions of people voted.

> And the votes didn't matter.

  The president was not elected by 9 people. He was elected by millions
of people. Millions of people voted for him. Without those millions of
votes he would not be a president.

  Of course the votes matter.

>  The race was close

  Which wouldn't have happened without the millions of votes. Hence the
votes mattered.

  Or are you telling me that if nobody had voted for Bush he would have
been elected by those 9 people anyways? Don't be ridiculous.

--
                                                          - Warp