POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court : Re: Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 30 Apr 2008 08:58:15
Message: <48186ce7@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:

> Seems the whole train did get sidetracked, piece it back to gether for you
> and we have:
>
> Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>  > I think you'd get a kick out of reading about MKULTRA and Monarch. I
>  > stopped reading when they accused the Catholic Church of being satanist,
>  > though.
>  >
> Perhaps "satanist" was a poor choice of words for you.
>
> So what do you call an institution that encourages and promotes something you
> were told not to do? ADJECTIVES are everything now arent they.
>
> Matthew
> 6:2  When therefore thou doest alms, sound not a trumpet before thee, as the
> hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of
> men. Verily I say unto you, They have received their reward.
> 6:5  And when ye pray, ye shall not be as the hypocrites: for they love to stand
> and pray in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be
> seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have received their reward.
>

> So what do you call an institution that encourages and promotes something you
> were told not to do?
>
> A Church. Pehaps if you just changed the word "satanist" to "stupid" then you
> could finish the book, heh.
>
> Any better Mike?
>
> Thinking some are viewing only one msg at time rather than the web board.

It's still not making sense to me. Are you saying that churches in
general are a bad thing, or just the Catholic Church? Or -- are you
stating that Christianity has it wrong?

Stupid wouldn't make sense in the context of the book I was looking at.
Since they were basically stating that the Catholic church was run by a
satanic cult. Admittedly, I don't know anyone in the upper echelons of
the church hierarchy, I knew a lot of what went on "behind the scenes"
(so to speak) at a Catholic church. Nothing strange or underhanded, most
of what went on was pretty straightforward. No one was doing anything
dishonest (or at least more dishonest than most decent people) Nothing
at all strange went on either.