POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why is there a gap between my df3 media boxes? : Re: Why is there a gap between my df3 media boxes? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is there a gap between my df3 media boxes?
From: Alain
Date: 29 Apr 2008 12:45:55
Message: <481750c3@news.povray.org>
Martin Magnusson nous illumina en ce 2008/04/29 08:42 -->
> Alain wrote:
>> Just use une single box twice as high and put the two media in it,
>> translated as needed. When you have more than one media in a
>> container, they add toggether.
>
> Thanks a lot. That works well for getting rid of the gaps.
>
> But now I have another problem with the same scene. When looking at the
> media from certain angles, I get "jittery" artifacts, and sometimes the
> media look like stacked planes instead of voxels. Also, when using
> interpolation, the results are very strange.
>
> See the attached images. The file df3_test-pos uses camera location
> <5,0,0>, df3_test-neg uses camera location <-5,0,0>, and df3_test-int
> also uses location <-5,0,0> and also "interpolate 2". The df3 file is
> the same as in my previous post.
>
> Why is df3_test-neg so noisy?

I did notice those stripes with an animation that rotated it in a full circle. I
don't know why it does that.

Using interpolate 1 give the best results. The gaps are more fuzzy, but still there.
interpolate 2 looks like it's broken in any cases where you have areas with a
zero value. I get similar corruption with other DF3 files as well.

Using 3.7 beta don't change the problem with interpolate 2.

--
Alain
Beam me up Scotty. This isn't the men's room.