POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court : Re: Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 Apr 2008 12:39:28
Message: <48174f40@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:09:05 -0400, alphaQuad wrote:

>> Your words and your actions don't even come close to invoking any sort
>> of fear - just laughter.  So thanks, aq, for the laughs. :-)
>>
>> Jim
>
> It is my pleasure. At least while your laughing you'll be less likely to
> incite, inflame or harm others.

Heh, this isn't something I set out to do.  But I do have strong opinions.

> I wouldnt call it a strength, but
> something you do well.

Well, you don't know me well enough to make such a judgment.  But
whatever floats your boat.

> Fear is another thing you can't feel like a good
> soul can.

Well, again, you don't know me well enough to make such a judgment.  I
tend to agree with the statement someone said that "a man who fears
nothing loves nothing".

> Fear makes people more intelligent if they know when to listen
> to it.

Now there's something I can sorta agree with.

> It been fun to reveal the real you.

Well, if you think so.  To you, I'm just words on the screen; to me, you
are just words on the screen.  We don't know each other at all.  For all
I know, you're just a persona that someone plays online; and for all you
know, the same is true of me.

> I offer something you hate,

Nah, I gave up on hate long, long ago.  To quote Douglas Adams, "Hate is
of course an almost entirely terrible thing."  BTDTGTTS, didn't like it.

But that doesn't mean that when you (or anyone else) is being ridiculous,
I'm not going to point it out if I think it's appropriate to do so.  And
quite often I find the things you say to be utterly ludicrous. ;-)