POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why is there a gap between my df3 media boxes? : Re: Why is there a gap between my df3 media boxes? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is there a gap between my df3 media boxes?
From: Martin Magnusson
Date: 29 Apr 2008 08:42:45
Message: <481717c5$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> Just use une single box twice as high and put the two media in it,
> translated as needed. When you have more than one media in a
> container, they add toggether.

Thanks a lot. That works well for getting rid of the gaps.

But now I have another problem with the same scene. When looking at the
media from certain angles, I get "jittery" artifacts, and sometimes the
media look like stacked planes instead of voxels. Also, when using
interpolation, the results are very strange.

See the attached images. The file df3_test-pos uses camera location
<5,0,0>, df3_test-neg uses camera location <-5,0,0>, and df3_test-int
also uses location <-5,0,0> and also "interpolate 2". The df3 file is
the same as in my previous post.

Why is df3_test-neg so noisy?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'df3_test-pos.png' (6 KB) Download 'df3_test-neg.png' (10 KB) Download 'df3_test-int.png' (8 KB) Download 'df3_test.pov.txt' (1 KB)

Preview of image 'df3_test-pos.png'
df3_test-pos.png

Preview of image 'df3_test-neg.png'
df3_test-neg.png