POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do trials by jury make sense? : Re: Do trials by jury make sense? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do trials by jury make sense?
From: Warp
Date: 29 Apr 2008 07:18:41
Message: <48170411@news.povray.org>
> Out of curiosity, have you ever served on a jury?

  Nope. There's no such thing here.

>  In Finland (going from
> memory, so please correct me if I'm wrong), what sort of criminal justice
> (and civil justice, for that matter) system is used?

  If I'm not completely msitaken, usually a judge and a panel of three
so-called lay judges. In more difficult cases the panel may be expanded
with one or two experts.

  The lay judges are elected by the city council (or something like that,
I'm not completely sure) in 4-year terms.

  In very trivial cases simpler setups may be used.

--
                                                          - Warp