POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court : Re: Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Shore Kicks Supreme Court
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 Apr 2008 01:42:12
Message: <4816b534$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:41:43 -0400, alphaQuad wrote:

> I think plonked is just a way for him to hide when he doesnt have the
> courage to respond, or is just speechless and dumbfounded.

Well, certainly speechless and dumbfounded - people with the attitude
you've exhibited here display interesting psychological tendencies, and
it is difficult to resist prodding to see what response I can get.

But most of the time, there's just too much time investment, so your
'plonked' status in my reader simply is a reminder to myself not to waste
*too* much time in conversation, because your online persona (at least)
is one that seeks to incite or inflame.

Sorry to ruin your little game, but I've got you pretty well figured out,
and while I find the traits you exhibit detestable, I find the
personality fascinating because of the way in which the persona expresses
itself.  People sometimes express themselves differently in their online
persona than IRL, so I honestly couldn't say what kind of person anyone
exhibiting this type of behaviour is like IRL, unless I've actually
encountered them IRL.

So, for example, your "doesn't have the courage to respond" is nothing
more than an incitement.  It's purile name-calling in its lowest form -
an attempt to try to say "oooh, he's scared!" like some frightened little
child.  That's funny, because you don't know me, and only the bits of my
history (if you've been paying attention, which I somehow doubt) that
I've posted here.  I've been around online communities (have built a few
in my time, in actuality) and there is nothing anyone can say that will
*frighten* me.

Your words and your actions don't even come close to invoking any sort of
fear - just laughter.  So thanks, aq, for the laughs. :-)

Jim