POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do trials by jury make sense? : Re: Do trials by jury make sense? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do trials by jury make sense?
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Apr 2008 16:19:47
Message: <48163163$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   What is the alternative? A panel of experts in the field? Or a lone
> judge?

Just the judge. If you want a panel of experts, you get a jury trial and
bring the panel of experts yourself.

That's why I'm confused - are you talking about experts in
law/criminology/etc, or experts in the field you're being accused in?
And what might that field be? What if you disagree over what experts are
actually applicable?

In my experience of thinking about many of these things, once one says
"it should be different" (regardless of what large field "it" may
involve), when one drills down to the next level of detail, it makes
sense why it works the way it does. Taking (as an example) the
libertarian platform to the next level reveals that it really doesn't
make sense as is in the modern world.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"