POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do trials by jury make sense? : Re: Do trials by jury make sense? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do trials by jury make sense?
From: Warp
Date: 28 Apr 2008 11:05:20
Message: <4815e7b0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
> But if I were to stand trial for a crime I would like to be
> judged by people like me not professional jurists.

  Well, then we just have to disagree on that.

  Personally I would feel uncomfortable having random people who can eg.
have their judgement clouded by their emotions, and who might eg. convict
someone "just in case" (ie, better to convict an innocent than having a
criminal running free) judge me, if I know I am innocent.

--
                                                          - Warp