POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why is there a gap between my df3 media boxes? : Re: Why is there a gap between my df3 media boxes? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is there a gap between my df3 media boxes?
From: Martin Magnusson
Date: 25 Apr 2008 09:40:36
Message: <4811df54$1@news.povray.org>
Woland wrote:
> In my opinion there is no continuity between two boxes, You have a big jump
> between values in lower part of upper box and upper part of lower box (:)).

Thanks for your reply, but I don't think so. It's probably a little
difficult to make sense of the numbers I posted before, but looking at
the left column of the numbers in my previous post (which corresponds to
the part that is closest to the camera in the image), the values of the
neighbouring voxels in the two boxes are 0-0, 4-4, 95-94, 139-142, 11-9.
Isn't that close enough? Judging from the dark band in the image, I
would have expected to find values mostly below 100 in these two slices.

Just in case anyone wants to look at it more closely, I'm attaching the
two df3 files here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '00001017.df3.dat' (1 KB) Download '00001325.df3.dat' (1 KB)