POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words : Re: These words Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These words
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Apr 2008 15:35:42
Message: <480f8f8e@news.povray.org>
>> OK, very weird thing: All of the books you just meantioned are in my
>> mum's bookshelf. [Even though nobody in this household has ever read
>> them.]
>
> They're good. Read Magician. Seriously. It's an excellent book. Technically
> it's the first of a trilogy, but it stands alone quite well.

Actually, I was thinking if anything I'm likely to try reading the Harry
Potter books [which are also reputed to be well-written]. I know a
person who is a very big HP addict. Apparently she "resents" me having
an opinion about the films when I haven't read the books. (Er, hello?
It's a story, not a religion...)

>> I'm talking about the local public library. ;-)
>
> I've never seen students at my local library. Most of the people I see there
> are twice my age or more.

Oh, those are there too, but there usually in the "Computing" section.
(I'm usually in the Mathematics section. The Computing section contains
nothing of interest - unless you *wanted* to learn how to upgrade your
PC beyond 640 KB of RAM? I gather this used to be difficult in some way...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/