POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words : Re: These words Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These words
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 23 Apr 2008 15:15:47
Message: <480f8ae3@news.povray.org>
news:480f8082$1@news.povray.org...

> [Indeed, where I work there's a guy who every day has a different
> brick-thick tome in his hand. Usually with lots of dragons and fairies
> on the cover. Weird stuff...]

Sounds like my type of stories.... <g>

> My question to you would be: how the hell do you read that fast?

Practice.

Let's see, in the last week and a half, I've reread Daughter of the Empire,
Servant of the Empire, Mistress of the Empire (by Raymond E Feist and Janny
Wurts) and 3/4 reread Magician (Raymond E Feist)

> > If you're going to a library, ask a librarian. They're more likely than
> > anyone to know a good book in a specific genre that the library has.
>
> In my experience, librarians tend not to be very happy to see you. But I
> suppose it could be worth a go...

Strange. All the ones in my local library are friendly and hapy to talk
about books. Often for too long....

> True. I wonder where the hell my library card is? Actually, I wonder if
> it's still valid after all these years. I think the last time I used it
> was in 1997 or so...

Probably not, but in general they're easy to renew

> > It's not prohibited in any library I've been in. Making loud noises is
> > prohibited, but a soft conversation with another patron on the merits of
> > particular book isn't a problem.
>
> Mmm, OK. I generally find the only other people in *my* local library
> are stressed teenagers frantically cramming for their GCSEs... ;-)

That sounds like the last time I visited the university library. It didn't
help that I was wearing shoes that squeeked on the floor.