POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words : Re: These words Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These words
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Apr 2008 14:28:47
Message: <480f7fdf$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

>> The difficulty is finding books which are actually enjoyable to read.
>> Don't get me wrong, I do *enjoy* reading good fiction. The difficulty is
>> finding it.
>
> So difficult that you couldn't find a single fiction book to read in the
> past 3 years? Is that even possible?
> Do you mean that you've already exausted a couple of millenia of world
> literature and can't find anything left to read, or that you have literary
> tastes so bizarre (Haskell-themed BDSM?) that books that suit you just don't
> exist?

I very much doubt that I've read all the good fiction already! ;-)
There's probably an ample supply of suitable stuff out there. As I say,
the problem is locating it. Obviously I don't have time to try reading
every book ever written on the off-chance that it might be good, so I
need a more efficient strategy.

Actually, come to think of it, if I *did* want to read something, our
house already contains several suitable books. I just don't have the
several months spare that it would take to read any of them...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/