POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words : Re: These words Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These words
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 23 Apr 2008 12:00:16
Message: <480f5d10@news.povray.org>
news:480f27e4$1@news.povray.org...
> Gail Shaw wrote:
>
> > Geesh...
>
> Interesting.

To give you an idea, if I'm not swamped with deadlines, I usually get
through 2 or 3 books a week. Those are 500-800 page books.
For a week holiday I'll often pack 6 to 8 books, and finish all of them

> > Go visit your local library sometime. Besides being a great way to spend
> > some time, reading books increase your vocabulary and your general
> > knowledge.
>
> The difficulty is finding books which are actually enjoyable to read.
> Don't get me wrong, I do *enjoy* reading good fiction. The difficulty is
> finding it.

If you're going to a library, ask a librarian. They're more likely than
anyone to know a good book in a specific genre that the library has.
You could also ask here, if you trust our opinions. What kind of fiction do
you enjoy?

Besides, if you're just borrowing the books, what do you lose by taking
something you're not sure of? Perhaps an hour of your time.

> > You might even make a couple acquaintances at the library
>
> I've heard this gem before. However, given that talking is strictly
> prohibited, I fail to comprehend how this one works...

It's not prohibited in any library I've been in. Making loud noises is
prohibited, but a soft conversation with another patron on the merits of a
particular book isn't a problem.