POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words : Re: These words Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These words
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 22 Apr 2008 10:30:11
Message: <480df673$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>   "Barista" is rather easy to guess, especially if you know Spanish
>> (like I do).
>
> Any hints on how to pronounce it?

In U.S. english: "Bahreestuh"

>>   Double entendre is quite common speech, IMO.
>
> Again, how do you even pronounce such a word?

In U.S. english: "Double" ahntahndrah

>>   If you don't know what MILF is, you haven't been reading the proper
>> webcomics... ;)
>
> Er... no, you know what? I DON'T EVEN WANNA KNOW!

MILF is apparently an acronym for something ... I learned this a while
back trying to understand it.

>>   What's unclear about "codependent"?
>
> The fact that it's considered bad.

Now I'm confused?

>>   It's really strange you don't know what "platonic" or "effeminate"
>> mean, IMO.
>
> I guessed that "platonic" would be something to do with regular solids.

Yes, there are platonic solids, and platonic relationships. Platonic
means no sexual overtones, e.g. "Just friends"