POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words : Re: These words Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These words
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 22 Apr 2008 06:23:25
Message: <480dbc9d$1@news.povray.org>

480db77c$1@news.povray.org...
>>   I find it a bit strange that you don't know what altruism is.
>
> It's not a word I've ever heard anybody use IRL.

A few on the list belong to formal language, i.e. language that is not
typically used in spontaneous speech and conversations. You have to read a
little bit to find them (but then they can be pretty common: altruism is
really a mainstream concept).

>>   The oedipus complex is basic psychology.

>Or "really seriously messed-up weirdness", depending on your point of
>view...

This from a guy who *** lives *** with his dear mom :P

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com