POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LEGO - Silver Champion [WIP/Update] : Re: LEGO - Silver Champion [WIP/Update] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LEGO - Silver Champion [WIP/Update]
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 21 Apr 2008 20:34:39
Message: <480d329f@news.povray.org>

> "MSAB" <MSA### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>> Moin,
>>
>> Hard work so far, most of the pieces are CSG, only a few isosurfaces are used...
>> I think now it's possible to guess, that it will be a (F1-)car.
>
> I'll bet that's hard work!  Surprisingly accurate though.  I assume you're aware
> of programs (ldraw.org) which simplify the process quite a bit.  If nothing else
> they have just about every piece you can imagine already meshed.  Keep it up
> though.  Don't listen to me.  I'm just an enabler...

LDraw meshes are *really* low detail.

Although LDraw is definitely useful when building the model.
Particularly with a good graphical editor like MLCad. You can then use
L3P (a newer version of L2P, which is LDraw-to-POV-Ray) along with the
detailed models from LGEO.

However, so far MSAB's models seem competitive with the LGEO library :)
Maybe somebody should write a L4P using MSAB's models :D