POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apparently... : Re: Apparently... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apparently...
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Apr 2008 12:21:45
Message: <480b6d99$1@news.povray.org>
Halbert wrote:
> When I think about it, I
> wonder how one would intentionaly preserve their comments in a compiled
> binary.

I'm wondering if whoever invented this idea might have been thinking of
things like in the .NET compiled objects where it might be storing
java-doc-like descriptions of the interface routines in the binaries.
Technically, comments from the source, but not really what a programmer
would think of as "comments from the source."  That, module attributes
(for run-time reflection, whatever they're called in .NET), debugging
symbols, etc?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"