POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Systema metropolis - Generatrum gigas : Re: Systema metropolis - Generatrum gigas Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Systema metropolis - Generatrum gigas
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Apr 2008 03:18:45
Message: <48099cd5$1@news.povray.org>
"William Tracy" <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> schreef in bericht
> Kirk Andrews wrote:
>> Ok, but I'm still lost--Am I looking up at it from below?
>
> Yes--the machines are supposed to be ~40 feet tall.
>
> I didn't realize that the image was so unclear--I may have to rethink
> this. Thanks for letting me know.

It is mainly because the machine appears out of context, as it were. There
is no reference point to compare it with and the flare doesn't help either
:-)
That said, I think that a few tree tops, a bit of sky, and a less pronounced
flare would do the trick. I am intrigued by this machine and would like to
see more of it. Wandering mushrooms indeed!

Thomas