POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just in case you missed it ... : Re: Just in case you missed it ... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just in case you missed it ...
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 18 Apr 2008 13:58:58
Message: <4808e162$1@news.povray.org>
>>>   If you discover a new fancy way of using gonads or whatever, why
>>> should
>>> we care? ;)
>>
>> One might retort that it allows me to build a full expression parser
>> in less than a dozen LoC,
>
> Well I'm equally sure that 2.5.75.11 or whatever it was will allow some
> people to do some new stuff.  Otherwise it wouldn't be an update.

That's just my point. They keep releasing new versions of the Linux
kernel, but as far as I can tell, none of them *do* anything new. So...
why... are they... releasing it?

>> but yeah, realistically, who cares about that? I should just go kill
>> myself now...
>
> What, just because you are doing something that not many others are
> interested in?  I'm not interested in the details of what you are doing
> with Haskell, but once I understood what your logic program was doing
> (or rather, what it is easily capable of doing) I was quite impressed.

It probably doesn't come across in text, but at the point when I wrote
this, I basically felt like throwing myself off a bridge. (And I *mean*
IRL!) I am utterly ****ed off with the entire universe repeatedly
reminding me that everything I hold dear is in fact pointless,
worthless, empty, and that I am a stupid retarded idiot for even caring
about such things. Face it, *nobody* enjoys being repeatedly told
they're stupid...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/