POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, guys. No more atacks on M$. I promise (not) : Re: OK, guys. No more atacks on M$. I promise (not) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK, guys. No more atacks on M$. I promise (not)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Apr 2008 16:27:03
Message: <4807b297@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:02:19 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Well, let's face it. If *you* break the law, you get fined and/or shut
> down. If M$ breaks the law... actually, nothing happens. So basically MS
> is playing to completely different rules - on top of being absurdly
> wealthy. How do you stand a chance?

Um, Microsoft has been fined by the EC for its antitrust violations.
It's having to open information about development on Windows that it
would rather have kept secret and proprietary.

That's hardly "nothing happens".  I personally would have liked to see
the US DOJ break them up back when the antitrust trial was going on - but
the leading party in the US changed hands and the DOJ rolled over and
played dead on that.  The EC is doing a far better job than the DOJ at
punishing MS for it's anticompetitive behaviour.

When someone's behaving badly, the wrong thing to do is to give up just
because "you can't beat them".

Jim