POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woot : Re: Woot Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Woot
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Apr 2008 14:06:37
Message: <480791ad$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:10:07 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Tim Cook wrote:
>
>> Added a 1 TB external USB drive.  Cost:  $209.11 incl. shipping.
>
> IME, USB harddrives are drastically slower than even the lamest IDE
> one...

I dunno, I've got two 1 TB USB drives; on USB 1.1 it's painful, but on
USB 2.0 it's not too bad.  I tend to use them for archival purposes more
than anything, but when I do the transfers in the office (local backup of
materials since I work from home most of the time), the performance isn't
bad.

Jim