POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, guys. No more atacks on M$. I promise (not) : Re: OK, guys. No more atacks on M$. I promise (not) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK, guys. No more atacks on M$. I promise (not)
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Apr 2008 13:17:42
Message: <48078636$1@news.povray.org>
>> As if "competing" with MS is even a sane concept...
>
> Lots of people do it.  My employer does, for one, and has for quite a
> long time....

That's just silly. One of three things will happen:

1. MS release a product that does the same thing. Everybody will use
that instead of yours. (It says MS on it, therefore it is superior.) You
will die.

2. You do well. MS buys you. You die.

3. You do well. MS doesn't release a product that does what yours does.
Thus you aren't really "competing" with MS because you're in a different
market.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/