POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now what am I going to store on this? : Re: Now what am I going to store on this? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now what am I going to store on this?
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Apr 2008 12:34:15
Message: <48077c07$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I doubt it. At that scale, quantum effects would become significant,

Well, yes. That indeed is the problem people are having. Quantum effects
are knocking electrons out of the gate and into the substrate, or
they're tunneling across the restriction zones even when it's switched
off.  (Likely what I'm remembering is transistors where the active part
that serves as a barrier is in the dozens-of-atoms size.)

> Also, significantly, transistors don't just grow themselves if you feed
> them a little nitrogen and AMP. ;-)

There is that, yes.  :-)

I don't really need to have bigger drives. I just need faster drives. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"