POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now what am I going to store on this? : Re: Now what am I going to store on this? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now what am I going to store on this?
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Apr 2008 07:26:09
Message: <480733d1$1@news.povray.org>

>>> What do you doubt, that silicon atoms are as big as 0.25 nm across,
>>> or transistors are as small as 25 nm?
>>
>> If you made a transistor that consisted of only a few atoms, it
>> wouldn't work properly.
>
> Probably not, but nobody suggested that.
>
> Darren said that the *size* was comparable to some dozens of atoms.  A
> 25 nm transistor is only 8 dozen atoms across, but (if you assume it's a
> cube) it consists of almost a million atoms.
>
> Clearly that's enough to still work ok, but you're right, the limit for
> traditional transistors can't be much further away.

Right. So when you say "size", I thought you meant volume, but you
actually meant diammeter?

Anyway, regardless, the advantage of the algae is that it's packed in 3D
instead of mere 2D, massively increasing the amount you can fit into a
given space.

Either way, you would *think* neuron cells would be the "obvious" choice
for making RAM circuits. They already have the ability to wire
themselves up for you, so...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/