POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think I did something wrong with RK4... : Re: I think I did something wrong with RK4... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think I did something wrong with RK4...
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Apr 2008 08:21:17
Message: <48049dbd@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> You know, it's not all that hard to accidentally carry over incorrect
> state in a language without mutable state, too. :-)

Heh. Do you have *any idea* how long it took me to finish debugging this
JavaScript snippet?

function Bindings_Lookup(key)
{
   if (this.Key  == key) return this.Value;
   this.Next.Lookup(key);
}

It took an absurd amount of time to figure this out - especially given
the strange way Firefox responded to it...

Sure, they'll never make a programming language where mistakes are
impossible. But mutable state just offers *so many* ways to shoot
yourself in the foot. :-/

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/