POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VoIP : Re: VoIP Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VoIP
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Apr 2008 08:08:50
Message: <48049ad2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> VoIP bandwidth is usually around 40 kbps per call IIRC.

Right. So with a theoretical 2000 kpbs of bandwidth available, that's
theoretically 50 calls. (At least, until somebody decides to open an RDP
session or twelve...)

> I don't know of any good temporary solution for you, presumably if your
> PSTN connection has been turned off then any new hardware that plugs
> into the PSTN is not going to be able to work either?  (eg we have a
> small Cisco VoIP router that our 5 VoIP phones plug into one side, and
> it plugs into the PSTN lines the other side).
>
> If your internet connection is working in both buildings, then you could
> make a VPN connection between the two buildings, and bring over a few of
> the new VoIP phones to use in the old office until you move over?

We will have Internet access in both buildings, so the idea is to route
incomming calls over the Internet usiong VoIP to run the building that
has been disconnected to the PSTN. (I'm not *actually* sure if our
switchboard can transfer incomming calls to other telephone numbers...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/