POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : While riding on public transit... : Re: While riding on public transit... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: While riding on public transit...
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Apr 2008 17:27:46
Message: <4803cc52$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> Nota Bene. With the real figures the bottom 50% pay between 7% and 12%
> on their taxable income whereas the top 50% pay between 12% and 28%,

You're missing the AMT there, which goes 29% to 36% this year, I think.

Anyway, here's another question to ponder: How much of the government
services do people making >$200K consume?

I'd expect they're paying for public schools and sending their kids to
private schools.

I don't imagine the police are coming around to their house every week.

I don't imagine they take up *too* many hours of public defender's time.

They're not on welfare.

They're indeed paying half of *everyone*'s FICA taxes.  If not 3/4'ths.

I wouldn't imagine they use up (say) ten times as much military
preparedness.

They can afford to hire their own bodyguards, so they don't need police
cruising the neighborhood.

So what *is* the excuse for taking more, other than "the rich people
don't get hurt enough to actually fight back with violence."

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"