POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think I did something wrong with RK4... : Re: I think I did something wrong with RK4... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think I did something wrong with RK4...
From: Chambers
Date: 14 Apr 2008 11:01:56
Message: <480371e4$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> It should be very easy to debug, simply print out (to a file?) the
> "state" and "derivative of state" information at each step of RK4 for
> one particle (that starts at zero velocity would make things simpler).
> eg Just print out position and velocity in the gravity direciton.

Thanks, I got it sorted out.  I still don't know what the error was, but
switching from preallocating the arrays to allocating new ones every
step & throwing them away when done solved the problem.

So there must have been some carryover somewhere that I missed.

Anyway, I'll post a binary soon.  I've been going through the forums for
XNA studio, and apparently there's no easy way to distribute games for
windows yet (the whole thing is a work in progress, and they're about to
release yet another version of it).

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com