POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pop quiz : Re: Pop quiz Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pop quiz
From: stbenge
Date: 11 Apr 2008 13:31:20
Message: <47ffa068@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> You walk into somebody's office to say hi and have a friendly chat. You
> discover that the person in question is actually quietly crying.
>
> What do you do?
>
> 1. Attempt to do the whole comforting / supportive trip.
>
> 2. Bugger off and leave them in peace.

Personally, I would walk by and try to make eye contact.

If she doesn't look up, then she wants to be left alone... that is,
assuming she is not a shy person TBW.

If she looks up, but makes no attempt to to hide her current state of
emotion, then I would ask if she was alright in a soft, but manly tone
befitting a gentleman.

If she looked up and immediately changed her expression to hide her
turmoil, then I would give a friendly (but open ended) hello.

Sam