POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In interesting phenominon : Re: In interesting phenominon Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In interesting phenominon
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Apr 2008 04:36:20
Message: <47fdd184$1@news.povray.org>
>> If I'd picked something obscure, I wouldn't be surprised at all. But I
>> picked something fairly widely known. When you consider how rare gold
>> compounds are, I thought it would be at least *briefly* mentioned
>> somewhere... ho hum.
>
> If Wikipedia insists on deleting pages about the Everywhere girl, claiming she
> is not culturally significant, what makes you think that gold potassium cyanide
> *does* deserve a page?
>
> (Of course, these are the same people who will write hundreds or thousands of
> pages on comic book minutia, so I don't think we can trust their judgement on
> what is "culturally significant").

OK. So let me get this straight:

- "Gold potassium cyanide" isn't present, despite being one of the few
compounds of Gold to exist, and its prolific use in jewlery.

- If you look up "hannelore", it tells you about a minor character in a
web comic.

Does anybody see anything wrong with this picture?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/