POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Contact WIP 01 : Re: First Contact WIP 02 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Contact WIP 02
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Apr 2008 03:22:15
Message: <47fdc027$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:47fce788$1@news.povray.org...

>      Looking forward to seeing more of this particular scene Thomas! You
> have a great way of providing atmosphere in your images.

Thank you indeed, Steve. It remains always a struggle, though, to get it
right. But that is all the fun, isn't it?

>> A sprinkling of rocks on the desert floor is needed. I shall look if I
>> can do something to the very visible edge on the dromedary's belly.
>
>     Wings? If so, I've had the same sometimes and literally getting rid of
> that particular line can work. Or bevelling the line could be another
> option.

The model comes from the Taschen Object Collection and is of medium quality.
I had already subdivided the mesh in Poseray, but this particular edge needs
personal attention. I am going to load the model in Silo (Wings of course
would do too, but Silo is my favorite) and see how the patient looks like.
Also, I am exploring the possibilities to pose the figure. Theoretically,
this should be possible to do in the Setup Room of Poser, adding bones, and
attaching those to the geometry. However, I discovered this to be a major
challenge. <rubs hands and grins>

>      Also, have you tried lights on the ship? (Would this work through
> media ok?)

That is an excellent idea, Steve! Ambient 1 spots should do the trick, like
the red and green ones on the explorer unit. Should pose no problems with
the media I guess.

Thomas