POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting : Re: I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found this interesting
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Apr 2008 12:07:57
Message: <47fce9dd$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Well, people claim that Lisp is an [impure] functional language too, and
> AFAIK Erlang is about as pure as Lisp is.

It's functional in the sense that you only assign once to a variable.
It's not functional in the sense that calling "read" on the same file
twice (in any language) can give you different results. Erlang just has
lots more of that latter kind of non-functionalism.

But yeah, you have to pass the seed to the random number generator, and
it gives you back your random number and a new seed to remember for
later. :-)

How does Haskell handle things like the function for "the time right now"?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"