POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lamp : Re: Lamp Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 8 Apr 2008 17:56:58
Message: <47fbea2a$1@news.povray.org>
triple_r wrote:
> Not perfect, but here's an old model ca. 2002.  It's fun to revisit old scenes
> with an order of magnitude more computing power.  It's all CSG with inverse
> kinematics, although meshes would be much faster.  Just a macro with about
> seven parameters to place and orient the lamp.  Can something like this be
> posted to the object collection, or would someone feel the need to go alert the
> lawyers?
>
>  - Ricky

I've got a lamp pretty much just like that. If you like, I can take some
pictures of it and you can change the model enough to no longer resemble
some company's mascot.

It might be too close to someone's logo to post that lamp with the ball.
But change the shape of the lamp's base and the lamp it self wouldn't be
a big deal. A quick search of the big box stores webpages found several
lamps just like that one. Googleing for 'architect lamps' found dozens
of them.

My opinion, as a non-expert in anything legal, make a demo picture that
doesn't resemble Luxo and if the code is all yours then there isn't a
problem at all.