POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting : Re: I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found this interesting
From: Warp
Date: 8 Apr 2008 16:34:28
Message: <47fbd6d4@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Warp wrote:
> >>   I have learned to reread everything I write. I reread all my news posts
> >> before I send them (well, at least if they are longer than a few lines).
> >> Sometimes I spend more time re-editing and fine-tuning the text than
> >> I spent writing it for the first time... :P

> And it shows, your posts are without exception fluent and well reasoned.

  I write too many commas, though. That's because I tend to instinctively
put a comma everywhere where I would put it if I were writing in Finnish,
where commas are used quote a lot. In English commas are used more rarely.

  I have lately tried to get rid of this instinct when writing in English.

--
                                                          - Warp