POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm not knocking M$, but... : Re: I'm not knocking M$, but... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm not knocking M$, but...
From: Chambers
Date: 8 Apr 2008 02:33:52
Message: <47fb11d0$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Doctor John wrote:
>> reading the text of the above it does seem as if they're still unable to
>> control their 'bully-boy' urges when it comes to doing business.
>
> I'm not sure where the "bully-boy" comes from in there. This is just
> normal big business. "Hostile takeovers" don't happen without the
> consent of the shareholders.  Considering at the time of the $31 offer
> YHOO was trading at $19, and even now (after a big spike probably caused
> by the offer) it's trading at $28, it doesn't seem like there's too much
> bullying going on.
>
> Which part looked like "bullying" to you, out of curiousity?

There's a difference between what a stock is trading for and what the
majority of owners of that stock believe it is worth.  In this case,
Yahoo's board has made it clear that the majority of their shareholders
value Yahoo stock at far more than MS is giving them credit for.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com