POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Totally dedicated Linux graphics box : Re: Totally dedicated Linux graphics box Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Totally dedicated Linux graphics box
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 7 Apr 2008 19:26:11
Message: <47faad93$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:
> I have decided that I need a new box that is totally dedicated to
> graphics of all descriptions (Don't ask why, that's just the way it's
> going to be). Ignoring the hardware 'cos we seem to have many
> discussions about that, what software do you consider a) essential, b)
> desirable and c) nice to have. Two requests - it must be FOSS and
> preferably at least in final stages of beta. No alphas please.

Some useful graphics related programs:

The Gimp, Wings 3D, Blender, YafRay, MPlayer/MEncoder, FFMpeg,
gThumb, gtkam, Inkscape, Scribius, Image Magick, Netpbm,
CinePaint, Sane, CUPS, DeCSS, Evince

The attached file shows the results of this command:
   eix --stable media-gfx/* >Gentoo_media-gfx.txt
- on my Gentoo Linux PC.

Some other programs mentioned on this page may also be useful:

   http://168.100.192.152/ow.asp?KnoppixHome

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com