POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting : Re: I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found this interesting
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Apr 2008 04:28:44
Message: <47f9db3c@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> That's what always killed me about mathematical proofs. They always
> start with all the details, and finally tell you why you care. :-)

Ooo... you know, I never thought of it like that.

I started reading a book on "Special Functions". Chapter 1 is about the
Euler Gamma function. It goes into some pretty extreme calculus straight
away, but I still haven't figured out what the hell the Gamma function
is actually "for"...

> That's what is killing me about reading the Erlang documentation: there
> are all sorts of cross-references, and no obvious place to start
> reading.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are circular references
> throughout, either.

The Oracle documentation is rather like that. There is no obvious place
to start reading from. No matter what you read, it's littered with terms
that haven't been defined yet.

This strikes me as bad documentation, frankly...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/