POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lamp : Re: Lamp Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Apr 2008 19:43:34
Message: <47f96026$1@news.povray.org>
triple_r wrote:
> I think this is the reason I didn't post the work a few years back and perhaps I
> should not have posted it now.  Have I just opened myself up to litigation?

Nah. For anyone to litigate, there would have to be something they could
get that way that you wouldn't give them cheaper. Nobody really cares. I
was just discussing theoretically.

Now, if you'd depicted Luxo doing rude things to Luxo Jr or something, I
can see someone at Pixar actually asking you to stop doing that.
(Apparently, Larry Niven has sent letters to folks depicting Known Space
Porn.)  Other than that, what benefit would they get doing more than
sending you a letter saying to stop distributing it?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"