POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lawyers redux : Re: Lawyers redux Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lawyers redux
From: Chambers
Date: 6 Apr 2008 18:04:39
Message: <47f948f7$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> I couldn't find the thread I started this in, so...
>
> Thinking on it, paying the lawyers at the end might actually be a big
> factor in cutting down silly lawsuits.

That's great, and paying programmers only when they actually deliver a
product that meets specs would significantly cut down on useless
programs, too!

Seriously, many lawyers advertise on TV here that they only take a fee
if they *win* your case.  But if they don't choose to do so on their
own, would you really advocate requiring them to work without knowing
for certain if they would be paid?

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com