POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting : Re: I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found this interesting
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Apr 2008 16:59:51
Message: <47f939c7@news.povray.org>
>> My God... this is genius. Genius, I say! 0_0
>
> Oh come on, pull the other one.

Who said ideas have to be complex to be revolutionary? E = mc^2

> I am not really surprised :( IMHO it should have been a recurring theme
> in your CS education. The fact that it wasn't confirms any prejudice
> that they still mainly teach technical subjects but fail to teach what
> *programming* is about.

Oh, sure, he had lessons about how to write reports. It just didn't make
a lot of sense to me. (Why would you tell somebody something thrice?
That makes no sense.) Well OK, some of it made sense. (Like, write it
for the correct target audience.)

I guess the problem fundamentally boils down to me being a very messy
thinker who's easily distracted.

>> Damn, so *this* is what being intelligent must feel like?
>
> I think it has more to do with finding the right metaphor for a specific
> person than with intelligence.

I meant, being *able* to think up the correct metaphore is really
intelligent. Reports are like code. It seems so *obvious* in retrospect...

>> Heh. I gotta try writing something now...
> Yes, do so.

Wait - how do I make people read it?

Oh yeah - don't write about Haskell. That'll do it... :-/

> *) 'even', because you knew it instinctively at a certain level and were
> writing good stuff already **)
>
> **) footnote aka an inline function.

Surely that's an out-of-line function? :-.