POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting : Re: I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found this interesting
From: Chambers
Date: 6 Apr 2008 16:40:43
Message: <47f9354b$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Heh. I've still failed to convert even one single person to Haskell yet.
>  >:-)

Consider that I'd never even *heard* of Haskell before I read your posts
here.  In fact, I *still* haven't gotten around to learning LISP, Ruby,
Perl, Python, Smalltalk, Lua, or any of a number of languages, although
I *have* looked at them and considered learning them.

In fact, C# is the first time in about 10 years now that I'm learning a
*new* language, and its only a derivative of the ones I already know.

Getting people to invest time into something like learning a new
language is difficult, at least, and close to impossible, in many
situations.  Just keep plugging, and don't lose hope :)

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com