POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting : Re: I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found this interesting
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Apr 2008 14:29:34
Message: <47f9168e$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I'm good at writing short, unstructured things. When trying to explain
> big concepts, I have trouble figuring out where to start and what order
> to say things in. My writing tends to lack high-level order - much like
> my thought processes.

Yeah, that's a hard thing to get over.  The trick I've found is you need
to be able to hold the whole thing in your head at once.  The only way
to do that is to abstract it repeatedly until it all fits.

In other words, write an outline, and then rearrange the outline. Make
sure what you want to say is all in the outline. Expand parts of the
outline, concentrating on only those sections, until the outline
includes enough detail that you know where everything you want to say goes.

I bet if you were to go back and generate an outline of your disaster
recovery report, it would look great.  Then you just have to get in the
habit of doing that for every document.

> Now, if only I knew the magical incantation. [You know, the one that
> makes her go from "ok, I'm sitting here with a bunch of people chatting"
> to "hey, that boy is cute. I should make out with him..."]

Heh.  It's not magic. Just be your witty charming self.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"