POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lamp : Re: Lamp Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp
From: Jan Dvorak
Date: 6 Apr 2008 04:30:04
Message: <47f88a0c@news.povray.org>
Darren New napsal(a):
> triple_r wrote:
>> I can depict a trademark to refer to the owner,
>
> That means you can use the McDonald's trademark if you're actually
> talking about McDonald's, but not to imply that someone else is McDonald's.
>
>> but I haven't a clue as to what that means in this context.
>
> In the US? Nothing. You're not trading, hence trademarks are irrelevant.
> You're not implying anything about the light, nor that you got it
> anywhere.  The whole topic is pretty irrelevant.
>
> If you hand-painted the McDonald's logo as a work of art and hung it on
> your wall, McDonald's wouldn't have anything to say about that either.

I've got a question if the same applies to copyrights:
Can I replicate a monopoly game (w/ or w/o mr. monopoly) even though the
board design (placement of the properties and their names) is copyrighted?
What if the result wins an IRTC round? Will I have to pay Hasbro^(c) a
tribute?

--
the ultimate time-killer:
+a0.0 +am2 +r9