POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hall of Landscapes--WIP : Re: Hall of Landscapes--WIP Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of Landscapes--WIP
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Apr 2008 01:24:43
Message: <47f86cab$1@news.povray.org>
"William Tracy" <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> schreef in bericht
>I was going to do a montage of landscape flyovers for this TC-RTC
> animation round. Unfortunately, Real Life got in the way, and I realized
> I was not going to have anything meaningful together before the deadline.
>
> Since I had already built a bunch of landscape meshes, I thought I'd
> find another use for them. :-)
>
> I'm still not sure about the dimensions in this image (the ceiling is
> too low, and the landscapes may be spaced too far apart) and I have no
> idea yet how I want the lighting to finally look. Still, it's a start. :-)

William, I like the low ceiling which gives an atmosphere of closeness,
almost claustrophobic, which is in interesting contrast with the landscape
which are supposed to represent space and room. The landscapes however, are
spaced too far apart indeed. The lighting might be right but will depend on
how you are going to texture the landscapes maybe. Darren suggested
pedestals; that would be nice. An alternative would possibly be to hang the
landscapes from the ceiling by the way of thin cords or chains.

Good start, really. I am waiting for further developments.

Thomas