POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting : Re: I found this interesting Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found this interesting
From: Warp
Date: 5 Apr 2008 11:19:47
Message: <47f7a6a2@news.povray.org>
> [Other than the fact that a ridiculously badly designed bridge is
> usually at least moderately self-evident, while bad software isn't
> always...]

  Imagine that someone hires someone else to build a bridge. The bridge
is completed and looks pretty on the outside, and it seems to work ok.
However, one day there's a lot of traffic and the bridge collapses.
It results that the bridge engineers were completely incompetent and
built the bridge completely in the wrong way, which caused it to collapse
with heavy traffic.
  In real life those engineers go to jail.

  In programming they get a new contract to develop the project further.

--
                                                          - Warp