POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : As if we didn't have enough to worry about... : Re: As if we didn't have enough to worry about... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: As if we didn't have enough to worry about...
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 3 Apr 2008 08:36:57
Message: <47f4dd79@news.povray.org>
"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message

> So let me get this straight *Mr* Wagner, who studied physics, and Mr
> Sancho, an author, are attempting to get an injunction in Hawaii against a
> European Science Group, of which they United States is not a part, from
> operating in Switzerland because they've failed to carry out an
> environmental impact statement as required under a Act that doesn't apply
> to them.

But, but, but, isn't Switzerland a small town up near the Canadian border? I
mean, it has skiing, so it must be somewhere up north.
Europe? Is that a state?

<grin>

For some extra fun, find the New Scientist article that reports on this. The
article's sane, the comments get progressively more ridiculous.
Why do these people seem to think they know more about subatomic physics
than the professional scientists do?
Oh wait, I forgot. Science = Evil. Geeks are losers. Geniuses are always
trying to take over or destroy the world. Right. Now I got it.

Down with Progress! Back to the Stone Age!

Hehehehehehe...... <grin>