POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A practical matter : A practical matter Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  A practical matter
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Apr 2008 05:17:47
Message: <47f4aecb$1@news.povray.org>
I have before me a Compaq Armada 100S (model number PP1020). I want to
erase the hard drive. However, apparently the power supply adaptor has
already been thrown away, and the battery is completely head. No matter;
I have an adaptor. I'll just take the harddrive out and connect it to
another machine to erase it.

Uh... wait, where *is* the harddrive??

Looking at the underside of the machine, the front portion is taken up
by the battery. Removing that, the rest of the front is clearly taken up
by the floppy drive. Behind the floppy drive is the CD-ROM drive, taking
up most of the space. There's a panel next to that which looks
removable. Behind the battery is the PCMCIA buy, and above that a
removable plate that looks like it's for RAM expansions. And behind that
is the edge of the machine.

So it doesn't look like there's *room* for a drive anywhere! But let's
see what's under this small bay... Nope, just air in here. (And no
connectors. Odd!) OK, how about the large area in the middle? Well,
there's the CPU fan and massive heat sink. And under the heat sink is...
an AMD K6-II and an empty RAM bay. Great!

So... where the **** is the hard drive?! It definitely *has* one, but
*where* is it?? I'm puzzled...

Do any of you fine gentlemen have any idea where I can look next? There
really don't appear to by any unexplored areas *large* enough to house a
drive...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/